DAY 01 – AIRPORT – ARRIVAL / NEGOMBO
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 01
- Arrive to Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport and met by representative of Sri Lanka Vacation Tours.
- Transfer to beach hotel at Negombo.
- Check in to the hotel and leisure.
- Overnight stay at Negombo.
DAY 02 – NEGOMBO / PINNAWALA / SIGIRIYA / HABARANA
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 02
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Sigiriya.
- En-route visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Watch the elephant’s bath in the river after youngest babies are milk fed.
- Then visit the paper making factory by using Elephant Dump.
- Then proceed to Sigiriya and check in to the hotel.
- Evening climb at Sigiriya Rock fortress.
- Sigiriya Rock is One of Sri Lanka’s most fascinating UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Visit the Water Garden, Frescoes, Mirror Wall, Lions Pow and etc….
- Overnight stay at Habarana.
This is a highly venerated site by Buddhists the world over. At some point after 236 B.C. the daughter of Indian emperor Asoka, visited Sri Lanka carrying a sapling of a Bodhi or Pipal tree (ficuse religiosa) and planted it in the Mahamevuna Gardens – Anuradhapura. The Sri Maha Bodhi is the oldest historically authenticated tree in the world (2300years) the one in Sri Lanka is the right branch of the tree that in India gave Lord Buddha shade and inspiration to gain enlightenment. It is globally recognised as the oldest recoded tree in the world. In the month of April devotees from all parts of the island get to the ancient city of Anuradhapura, to perform a special pooja known as the “Snana Pooja”. ( Read More)
The ancient cities of Sri Lanka that were built over 1000 years ago speak to us about lost cities and civilizations. The Sinhala nation that was subjected to grave harassments from Indian invaders had finally abandoned them and retreated. Even when the British arrived in the island, they were more or less legends in ruins. ( Read More)
According to the historical chronicle, the Mahawansa, Anuradhapura is considered the most important ancient city of Sri Lanka. Sinhala kings had been ruling the land from this city for over 1000 years. In 380 B.C. it became the capital with Pandukabaya as king. When Arahath Manhinda crossed the seas with Buddhism, during the reign of King Dewanam Piyathissa, the city rose to great heights. But under an Indian invasion it fell in to the hands of a Dravidian king. But it did not take long for the rebellious King Dutugamunu, who raised an army from the south, to take over Anuradhapura and crown himself king, bringing back the city to its past glory, erecting some very impressive monuments. Then again King Walagambahu lost the city to an Indian invasion but later fought back and regained it. ( Read More)
DAY 03 : HABARANA / POLONNARUWA / HABARANA
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 03
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Polonnaruwa.
- En-route you will an Elephant Ride and Village Cart Ride at Habarana.
- Then proceed Polonnaruwa and visit the Cultural sites.
- Polonnaruwa was the capital of Sri Lanka from the 11th to the 13th century AD.
- Visit the Museum, Royal Place, Statue of King, Gal Viharaya Statue, Lankathilaka Temple, Thuparamaya, Shiva Devalaya and etc…
- Then visit the wood carving factory
- Afternoon Take a jeep safari at Minneriya National Park.
- Looking for elephants, deer, peacocks, boars, and many kinds of birds.
- Overnight stay at Habarana.
The ancient cities of Sri Lanka that were built over 1000 years ago speak to us about lost cities and civilizations. The Sinhala nation that was subjected to grave harassments from Indian invaders had finally abandoned them and retreated. Even when the British arrived in the island, they were more or less legends in ruins. History also shows that the Cholas of India were the first to make Polonnaruwa their stronghold. It was King Vijayabahu, who drove away the Indians in 1070 and made Polonnaruwa his capital. But it’s King Parakrambahu who brought Polonnaruwa to the glory we celebrate today. With his city planning and tank building skills he created a massive complex. ( Read More)
DAY 04 : HABARANA / DAMBULLA / MATALE / KANDY
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 04
- Breakfast at the Hotel and travel to Kandy.
- En-route visit the Dambulla Golden rock temple.
- Golden Rock is a cave temple which dates back to the 1st Century BC. The caves house the largest collection of Buddha statues in one place.
- Then Proceed to Kandy and en-route visit the Matale Herbal spice garden.
- Arrive to Kandy and check in to the hotel.
- View a Kandy fire Dance show in evening.
- Then visit the Kandy Temple of the Tooth Relic.
- Overnight stay at Kandy.
Sigiriya – Fortress in the sky
Sri Lanka has many historical cave temples. The one at Dambulla is the most important of all the temples in the island. One fact to remember is that the origins of all cave temples are connected to King Walagamba who seems to have been much more interested in exploration rather than in ruling the land. Dambulla is located 148kms away from the capital of Colombo and lies on the Kandy-Dambulla road. ( Read More)
DAY 05 : KANDY / KITULGALA / NUWARA ELIYA
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 05
- Breakfast at the Hotel and City tour in Kandy.
- Visit the Gem mine and Silk Garden and Handicraft.
- Then visit the Kandy Lake.
- View a Kandy city and Lake at view Point.
- Then visit Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden.
- Then Travel to Nuwara eliya.
- En-route you will have White water rafting at Kitulgala.
- Then visit the Ramboda Waterfall, Tea Factory and Tea Plantation.
- Arrive to Nuwara Eliya and check in to the hotel and leisure.
- Overnight at Nuwara Eliya.
Kandy, the second major city and the last stronghold of the Sinhala kings, is visited by almost all foreign and domestic travelers for many reasons. The most important attraction here is the Temple of the Tooth where Buddha’s tooth relic is housed in the palace of the last king. When the annual pageant named “Perahara” is held every August, it attracts huge crowds to see the best of drummers, dancers and the largest parade of elephants of the island. The city with the beautiful lake becomes a fairyland with the pealing of bells, chanting of prayers, the sound of drums and illuminated streets, homes and buildings. Yet Kandy is more than all of this….. ( Read More)
DAY 06 : NUWARA ELIYA / ELLA / YALA
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 06
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Yala.
- En-route visit the Ella Gap and Ravana Waterfall.
- Check in to the Yala hotel and afternoon you will have a Safari at Yala National Park.
- Visit spotted leopard, Elephant, Peacock, Birds, Pig, dears and many more animals.
- Overnight stay at Yala.
Yala National Park, known also as “Ruhunu”, because of its location in the Southern Province has the largest number of visitors every year. It begins 10kms East of Tissamaharama having a 458km deep hinterland and a coastal belt. It spreads over an area of 996sq.kms but all sections are not open to visitors. Only 133sq. ( Read More)
DAY 07 : YALA / GALLE / HIKKADUWA
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 07
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Hikkaduwa for beach stay.
- En-route visit the Turtle Hatchery and Stick fishermen.
- Then visit the Galle Dutch Fort.
- Check in to the hotel and Leisure at Hikkaduwa Beach.
- Overnight stay at Hikkaduwa.
The saying goes that if you have not been to the beach resort of Hikkaduwa, you have not been in Sri Lanka. It’s situated 98 kms south of the capital, Colombo. Charter travelers, back packers and F.I.T. s all touch this resort for an exiting beach holiday. Plenty of accommodation at all levels is available here and numerous hotels, snack bars, restaurants offering some of the finest exotic sea food in the island from succulent prawns to giant lobsters can be had for the asking. Read More)
DAY 08 : HIKKADUWA / MIRISSA / HIKKADUWA
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 08
- Early morning travel to Mirissa.
- Breakfast at there.
- Morning go for Whale & Dolphin watching.
- Come Back to Hikaduwa Beach and Leisure.
- Overnight stay at Hikkaduwa Beach.
DAY 09 : HIKKADUWA BEACH
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 09
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Leisure at Hikkaduwa Beach.
- Enjoy with Diving and Snorkeling.
- Overnight stay at Hikkaduwa Beach./li>
DAY 10 : HIKKADUWA / COLOMBO / AIRPORT – DEPARTURE
Classic Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 10
Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Colombo.
En-route you will have a Boat Safari at Balapitiya Madu River.
Then you will have a city tour in Colombo, visit the Tourist attractions in Colombo.
Visit Colombo Zoo, Gangarama Temple, Old Parliament, Viharamahadevi Park, National Museum, Galle Face Green.
Then proceed to the Colombo Airport on time for the departure flight.
Trip Packages Available