DAY 01 – AIRPORT – ARRIVAL / NEGOMBO
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 01
- Arrive to Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport and met by representative of Sri Lanka Vacation Tours.
- Transfer to beach hotel at Negombo.
- Check in to the hotel and leisure.
- Overnight stay at Negombo.
“The name “Negombo” was first used by the Portuguese; the Sinhala name Mīgamuva (මීගමුව) means the “Group of Bees”. It was named a few centuries before in the ancient kings’ era. The army of King Kavantissa found bee honey in a canoe near the seashore, for Viharamahadevi who was pregnant with the prince Dutugamunu. Because of this, the place was named “Mee-Gomuwa”.
DAY 02 – NEGOMBO / PINNAWALA / ANURADHAPURA
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 02
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Anuradhapura.
- En-route visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Watch the elephant’s bath in the river after youngest babies are milk fed.
- Then visit the paper making factory by using Elephant Dump.
- Then proceed to Anuradhapura and Visit the World heritage site.
- Visit the Museum, Sri Maha Bodhi, Ruvanweliseya, Jethavanarama (World Largest Bricks Building), Abayagiriya, Moonstone and etc…
- Check in to the hotel and leisure.
- Overnight stay at Anuradhapura.
This is a highly venerated site by Buddhists the world over. At some point after 236 B.C. the daughter of Indian emperor Asoka, visited Sri Lanka carrying a sapling of a Bodhi or Pipal tree (ficuse religiosa) and planted it in the Mahamevuna Gardens – Anuradhapura. The Sri Maha Bodhi is the oldest historically authenticated tree in the world (2300years) the one in Sri Lanka is the right branch of the tree that in India gave Lord Buddha shade and inspiration to gain enlightenment. It is globally recognised as the oldest recoded tree in the world. In the month of April devotees from all parts of the island get to the ancient city of Anuradhapura, to perform a special pooja known as the “Snana Pooja”. ( Read More)
The ancient cities of Sri Lanka that were built over 1000 years ago speak to us about lost cities and civilizations. The Sinhala nation that was subjected to grave harassments from Indian invaders had finally abandoned them and retreated. Even when the British arrived in the island, they were more or less legends in ruins. ( Read More)
According to the historical chronicle, the Mahawansa, Anuradhapura is considered the most important ancient city of Sri Lanka. Sinhala kings had been ruling the land from this city for over 1000 years. In 380 B.C. it became the capital with Pandukabaya as king. When Arahath Manhinda crossed the seas with Buddhism, during the reign of King Dewanam Piyathissa, the city rose to great heights. But under an Indian invasion it fell in to the hands of a Dravidian king. But it did not take long for the rebellious King Dutugamunu, who raised an army from the south, to take over Anuradhapura and crown himself king, bringing back the city to its past glory, erecting some very impressive monuments. Then again King Walagambahu lost the city to an Indian invasion but later fought back and regained it. ( Read More)
DAY 03 – ANURADHAPURA / MIHINTALE / HABARANA / POLONNARUWA / HABARANA
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 03
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Minintale.
- Visit the Rock temple and Monastery.
- Then proceed Polonnaruwa and visit the Cultural sites.
- Polonnaruwa was the capital of Sri Lanka from the 11th to the 13th century AD.
- Visit the Museum, Royal Place, Statue of King, Gal Viharaya Statue, Lankathilaka Temple, Thuparamaya, Shiva Devalaya and etc…
- Then visit the wood carving factory.
- Travel to Habarana and check in to the hotel and leisure.
- Overnight stay at Habarana..
The ancient cities of Sri Lanka that were built over 1000 years ago speak to us about lost cities and civilizations. The Sinhala nation that was subjected to grave harassments from Indian invaders had finally abandoned them and retreated. Even when the British arrived in the island, they were more or less legends in ruins. History also shows that the Cholas of India were the first to make Polonnaruwa their stronghold. It was King Vijayabahu, who drove away the Indians in 1070 and made Polonnaruwa his capital. But it’s King Parakrambahu who brought Polonnaruwa to the glory we celebrate today. With his city planning and tank building skills he created a massive complex. ( Read More)
DAY 04 – HABARANA / SIGIRIYA / HABARANA
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 04
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- You will have an Elephant Riding and Village Car ride.
- Then Explore to climbing to Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Sigiriya Rock is One of Sri Lanka’s most fascinating UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Visit the Water Garden, Frescoes, Mirror Wall, Lions Pow and etc….
- Afternoon take a jeep safari at Minneriya National Park.
- Looking for elephants, deer, peacocks, boars, and many kinds of birds
- Overnight stay at Habaran.
Sigiriya – Fortress in the sky
19kms North East of Dambulla is Sigiriya – the lion rock, which is a major tourist attraction of the island. Some say that it was really the palace of Emperor Ravana but later occupied by King Kashyapa. But Sri Lankan chronicles tell a totally different story. ( Read More)
DAY 05 – HABARANA / DAMBULLA / MATALE / KANDY
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 05
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- En-route visit the Dambulla Golden rock temple.
- Golden Rock is a cave temple which dates back to the 1st Century BC. The caves house the largest collection of Buddha statues in one place.
- Then Proceed to Kandy and en-route visit the Matale Herbal spice garden.
- Arrive to Kandy and check in to the hotel.
- View a Kandy fire Dance show in evening.
- Then visit the Kandy Temple of the Tooth Relic.
- Overnight stay at Kandy.
Dambulla Rock Cave Temple (UNESCO world heritage site) can be reached by coming from Kandy(68km) along A9 road which runs up through Dambulla and Anuradhapura, or direct from Colombo. Located at an elevation of 1118 feet from the sea level, the Dambulugala raises as a massive rock from the surrounding plains of Dambulla.
Kandy is a large city in central Sri Lanka. It’s set on a plateau surrounded by mountains, which are home to tea plantations and biodiverse rainforest. The city’s heart is scenic Kandy Lake (Bogambara Lake), which is popular for strolling. Kandy is famed for sacred Buddhist sites, including the Temple of the Tooth (Sri Dalada Maligawa) shrine, celebrated with the grand Esala Perahera annual procession. Kandy has this mystical ambience to it that most visitors have years later confessed to retaining vivid memories of their visits there though others may be forgotten or misty. ( Read More)
DAY 06 – KANDY 3 TEMPLES
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 06
- Breakfast at the Hotel and Travel to visit the 3 Temples.
- Visit the Gadaladeniya, Ambekke and Lankathilaka Temples.
- Then you will have a City tour in Kandy.
- Visit the Gem mine and Silk Garden and Handicraft..
- Then visit Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden.
- Then visit the Kandy Lake and View a Kandy city at view Point.
- Overnight at Kandy./li>
Kandy Lake also known as Kiri Muhuda or the Sea of Milk, is an artificial lake in the heart of the hill city of Kandy, Sri Lanka, built in 1807 by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe next to the Temple of the Tooth. Over the years, it was reduced in size. It is a protected lake, with fishing banned. There are many legends and folklore regarding the lake. One such is that the small island at its center was used by the king’s helm for bathing and was connected to the palace by secret tunnel. ( Read More)
DAY 07 – KANDY / NUWARA ELIYA
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 07
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Nuwara Eliya.
- En-route visit the Ramboda Hanumaan Temple.
- Then visit the Ramboda Waterfall.
- Visit Tea Factory and Tea Plantation.
- Arrive to Nuwara Eliya and check in to the hotel and leisure.
- Visit Seetha Amman Temple and Gregory Lake.
- Check in to the hotel and leisure./li>
- Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya./li>
DAY 08 – NUWARA ELIYA/ COLOMBO / AIRPORT – DEPARTURE
Culture Heritage Sri Lanka Tour Package : Day 08
Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Colombo.
You will have a city tour in Colombo, visit the Tourist attractions.
Visit Kelaniya Temple, Gangarama Temple, Old Parliament, National Museum and Galle Face Green.
Then proceed to the Colombo Airport on time for the departure flight.
Trip Packages Available